Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Day 11: 24 June 2008

Stewart the Webkinz frog's feet. I have spent years allowing my natural inclination to be the contour line queen have its way. I had to break that a little for development purposes but it feel's sooooo good!



I have always aimed to capture the thingness of something. Yet my internal editor and internal critic ganged up on me to produce what I should – use what I thought were classic styles or approaches. When I break free from that in a fit of rebellion and do as I please, it feels like soul food, a guilty indulgence however. I excused it as such, vowing to go back to the right way immediately. Reading Danny Gregory again, I came across a passage which says don’t try to adopt a style or even force the creation of something stylized. Just draw what you see. The style will emerge of its own and it will be truly you. What confidence that gave me to just go for it!

1 comment:

  1. Great feeling in those feet - I am still waiting for my style to appear - You are lucky that yours is peeking out at you

    ReplyDelete